Destinations Covered: Nepalgunj- Simikot- Taklakot- Lake Manasarovar- Kailash & return the same way.
Nepalgunj 1 night, Simikot 1 nights, Taklakot 2 nights, Manasarovar 1 night, Deraphuk 1 night, Zuthulphuk 1 night, Hilsa 1 night
Those who have restriction, with time, can also opt the route to Kailash- Manasarovar via Lucknow. Lucknow has easy air/ train access from all over India. After arriving Lucknow, you have to make an overland journey of approximately 225 km to reach India- Nepal border town (Nepalgunj). You have to stay overnight in Nepalgunj and proceed for Yatra, the very next day. Nepalgunj has choices of hotels with comfort & facilities.
People, who are traveling via Kathmandu, will also join in Nepalgunj. Nepalgunj is the gateway to Kailash via Helicopter route.
Note: Complimentary person will be charged INR. 45,000/- against Chinese visa, travel permit, entry fees in Kailash Manasarovar area and restricted area permit in Nepal.
Upon arrival in Lucknow. Please, furnish your arrival details to us in advance, so our representative can show his presence at the airport/railway station accordingly. From Lucknow, we have to make a road journey of presumably 183 km to reach Nepalgunj. The highway is not in better condition, so it may take at least 5 hours to reach there, which is a significantly long duration than you probably have anticipated.
After reaching Nepalgunj, we check into hotel, and freshen up. Evening, at leisure on your own or wander around Nepalgunj.
- Overnight at Hotel Siddharth Cottage
- Lucknow to Nepal border (Rupaidiha): 183 km | 5 hours drive.
- Rupaidiha Border to Nepalgunj: 3 km.
Early morning, at 5.00 a.m., transfer to Nepalgunj airport for your flight to Simikot. The flight between Nepalgunj and Simikot takes about an hour. The air route to Simikot passes over the remote mountain region of Nepal where whether often gets cloudy and notorious. Generally, the weather in the mountain area, in the morning, is calm and clear. This is the reason why we should fly to Simikot early morning.
Simikot is situated at an altitude of 2910 m., this is an ideal place to make a night halt for acclimatization motive. Simikot has a STOL airport (Short Take Off and Landing) where only small aircraft can go. The aircraft, we fly from Nepalgunj, can carry only 15 people at a time.
We stay overnight in Simikot for acclimatization.
- Overnight Sunvalley Resort or Nepal Trust Guesthouse (dormitory room & common bath room).
- Nepalgunj to Simikot flight: 1 hour.
- Aircraft type: Dronier or Twin otter
- Carrying capacity: Only 16 people at a time.
- Elevation of Simikot: 2910 m | 9545 fts.
- Expected temperature: day time:- 18 to 25 degree Celsius | night time:- 4 to -2 degree Celsius.
- Climatic condition: Generally cloudy & rainy
Early morning, after breakfast, you will pack up our baggage then trek down to the airport and board on the helicopter. The helicopter flight from Simikot to Hilsa takes about 25 minutes (one way) only. The flight route passes through deep Karnali River-gorge and narrow remote valleys, where weather normally turns windy & cloudy from late morning onward. So, we try to operate more shuttle flights early in the morning and bring all group members to Hilsa.
We operate Euro copter (B3) that can carry only 5 persons + 10 kg luggage at a time. Since, helicopter has limited capacity to carry, we request you not to carry any unnecessary stuff. We use two helicopters at a time, so we can airlift our group members to Hilsa as soon as possible.
After all group members shifted to Hilsa by helicopter, you will cross the border then drive to Taklakot (Purang). As per the visa rule of the Chinese government, all group members should enter together and exit together. So, until and unless all members do not come to Hilsa, no one can cross the border.
The drive from Hilsa to Taklakot takes about 45 minutes. The driving distance is about 27 k.m.
- Simikot to Hilsa: by helicopter
- Flight duration: 25 minutes
- Carrying capacity: 5 persons + 10 kg baggage each.
- Hilsa to Chinese immigration (Sher): only 10 minutes walk.
- Sher to Taklakot: 27 km | 45 minutes drive by Bus.
- Elevation of Taklakot: 4025 m. | 13202 fts.
- Expected temperature: day time:- 22 to 28 degree Celsius | night time:- up to -3 degree Celsius.
- General climatic condition: mild windy
There is no proper activities will be conducted. You are free to wander around on your own.
As usual, after having morning meal, we pack our belongings, then board on the vehicle and be ready to move towards Lake manasarovar. Right from the begining, the highway commences making gradual ascend. The road still keeps ascending up to the high pass, that lies before Rakshas lake. The lake 'Rakshas' represents the devil force. This is where Ravana, 'the mighty King of Lanka', had performed a penance to lord Shiva for 5000 years. We will take a brief halt at the shore of lake Rakshash, soak in views and take pictures; then continue our journey towards lake manasarovar.
We check in to the Guesthouse of lake manasarovar (Chiugompa) then walk to the lakeshore for having sacred dip and performing pooja. After pooja, we will have afternoon meal; board on the vehicle then set off for circumambulation around the lake. The entire circumference of the lake is presumably 82 km, and it demands a minimum two hours to accomplish this part of the journey. - Overnight guesthouse.
- Taklakot to Lake Manasarovar: 88 km | one & half hour.
- Elevation of Lake Manasarovar: 4550 m. | 14,925 fts
- Expected temperature: day time:- 22 to 32 degree Celsius | night time:- -3 to -4 degree.
- Climatic condition: windy.
Today is the highlighted day of our journey. The most exciting part, sacred circumambulation around Kailash, commences today from Yama Dwara. Morning, after breakfast, we depart from lake strand to Yama Dwara (also called 'Tarboche' in Tibetan) that demands approximately one & half hour to reach there. We should make a brief halt in Darchen because some travel documents obtained from local Police and Army officials as well as we have to make group entry in the region. From Darchen, it is another half an hour to reach Yama Dwara.
Our Yaks, porters and horses are waiting here for us. Those who are making circumambulation around Kailash on feet can instantly proceed for Deraphuk; rest of members can commence their journey after taking their horse/s and porter/s. The Total walk to Deraphuk is for 4 to 5 hours but the timing depends on your own pace. The route is quite easy, flat but mild ascend. Due to its extreme elevation, we feel tired while walking and need to have break very frequently.
- Overnight at Shisapanga Guesthouse.
- Lake manasarovar to Yama Dwara: 45 km | 1 & half hour drive.
- Yama Dwar- Dhriraphuk: 10 km | 5 - 6 hour trek.
- Elevation of Dhriraphuk: 4920 m. | 16,138 fts
- Expected temperature: day time:- 12 to 18 degree Celsius | night time: -5 to -8 degree.
- Average climatic condition: windy and partly cloudy & rainy.
Today you have to cross a significant distance through the rugged portion of the trail around the mount Kailash before reaching Zuthulphuk. You have to commence your journey from Deraphuk very early in the morning. Right from the initial moment, the trail commences leading you rapidly up, however in between it turns into flat with gentle ascend. Up to Dolma-La (5600 m.), the path keeps you taking up & up. Dolma La is the highest bit of this journey. From here onward, the trail leads you all the way down to the valley floor. This particular portion of the trek is a rapid incline and the track is full of boulders and screes, so one should pay continue attention while trekking down.
While descending from Dolma La, we will pass alongside a small glacial pool, which is almost frozen during May through September. This is Gaurikunda. The legend of this pool is connected with Mata Parvati, the consorts of lord Shiva.
Once we make descend journey to the valley floor, the trail becomes flat & easy. The trail is easy and flat up to the Zuthulphuk.
- Overnight Norpel Guesthouse or Monastery guesthouse (Mud house) | dormitory.
- Dhiraphuk to Zuthulphuk: 21 km | (8 - 9 hours trek).
- The highest point to cross over: Dolma La pass (5600 m. | 18,368 fts)
- Elevation of Zuthulphuk: 4820 m. | 15,810 fts.
- Expected temperature: 14 to 22 degree Celsius | night time: -3 to -5 degree.
- Average climatic condition: windy
Undoubtedly, today is the most hectic day of your journey. You, yet to go for another 08 km walk to accomplish the circumambulation; then drive all the way to Hilsa. As usual after morning meals, you will pack up your belongings then be ready to move on to Darchen. It requires presumably 3 hours to reach the other end of the trail where our vehicle is waiting to fetch you up. After getting-together of all members, you will board on vehicle and proceed for Taklakot then continue to Hilsa.
- Overnight Guesthouse
- Zuthulphuk to trek ending point: 08 km | 3 hours.
- Trek ending point to Taklakot: 105 km | 2 hours.
- Taklakot to Hilsa: 35 km | 45 minutes drive.
It takes 25 minutes to reach Simikot by helicopter, where you will catch the flight then fly back to Nepalgunj.
- Hilsa to Simikot by helicopter: 25 minutes
- Simikot- Nepalgunj: 45 minutes flight.
- Nepalgunj- Lucknow: 183 km | 5 hours
Copyrights © 2017 CareMyTrip.COM. All Rights Reserved